Monday, May 2, 2016

My experience with a semester blog

At the beginning of the semester, I had to start a blog for my second semester writing class.  At first I was a little unsure of how it would go.  I never blogged before and took to the semester long assignment without much enthusiasm.  As time went by, I would occasionally add to it.  Most of the semester, I would tell myself that I would blog a few times during the week to catch up on the blogs I missed.  As the semester came to a close, I told myself that i would blog and try to find some meaning behind it.  I have been blogging for about 6 straight hours now.  Yes, some of you probably think that I am crazy.  Others may think that I am lazy.  The truth is, I never originally wanted to blog. I asked myself, "What good will my blogs do for someone else who reads them?"  I am a private person and I do not like to put out my personal information for everyone to see.  I struggled coming up with ideas for good blogs worthy to be seen by eyes other than my own.  Today, something changed.  As I began to type up my early blogs today, I couldn't help but notice the excitement that came with telling a story.  I wanted to do nothing else during that moment other than tell my story.  I don't want this feeling of excitement when writing to go away.  It keeps me focused and motivated to get more accomplished.  If only I would have felt this feeling earlier in the semester.  

No comments:

Post a Comment