Thursday, March 17, 2016

Reflection on the Explanatory Synthesis Essay

I found the Explanatory Synthesis Essay to be interesting and challenging.  I enjoyed the project because I was able to discuss a topic that really interests me.  When someone discusses a topic that interests them, I feel that they can really dig deep into the information of that topic and expose his/her audience to things they may have not known prior to reading their work.  I believe that the peer review sessions during this project, went well.  However, I feel that I wasn't properly able to correct the errors in my first draft due to the fact that my peers and I basically answered questions from our text books and didn't really expand on anything else.  I believe that peer reviewing is very important in the writing process but I also believe that the peer reviewing sessions would be even more helpful if the reviewers could review another's paper without being confined to the questions for peer review in our text book.

I am somewhat satisfied that I accomplished what I set out to discuss in my paper. Despite having finished my paper, I still feel as if I am not completely finished.  Writing essays have always been a challenge for me. When I am given the task of writing a paper, I always understand what I need to do in my paper and I am able to form good ideas on how to properly develop my paper.  However, when it comes down to actually writing a paper, I freeze.  In the Explanatory Synthesis Essay, I felt that I had good information but no clear direction at times. My visit to the Writing Center was helpful in that I could receive the help I needed to organize my topics and correct my format to meet the requirements of APA.  In all, I am confident that my writing will improve with practice and a positive mindset.          

No comments:

Post a Comment